- Research & Data
- Geospatial Tools
- Work With Us
- Contact Us
Archived Existing Hydropower Assets Data and Maps
The following datasets are provisional information extracted from the 2015 Existing Hydropower Assets Database.
- Summarized U.S. Energy Datasets: Hydropower energy-related information extracted from NHAAP's Existing Hydropower Assets Assessment and summarized to state, Watershed Boundary Dataset (WBD) regional (2-digit HUCs), and WBD subregional (4-digit HUCs) geospatial boundaries.
- Learn about and download datasets.
- Non-Federal Hydropower Plants on USACE Facilities: A tabular list of existing non-Federal hydropower plants on U.S. Army Corps of Engineers facilities that have been extracted from ORNL's NHAAP Existing Hydropower Assets geospatial data layers. Data include Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) licensed or exempt hydropower projects that are currently active or have been approved for development; Attribute fields include a hydropower plant name, permit type, FERC Docket number, and state abbreviation.
- Download Data [Excel 18.7 KB]
- List of U.S. Hydropower Dams: Provisional data on main hydropower dams in the United States.
- Download Data [Excel 76 KB]
The maps below were produced based on data from NHAAP's 2015 Existing Hydropower Assets Database.
- The National Hydropower Map [PDF, PNG, PPT]
- Hydropower Capacity and Generation by State
- 2015 Total Hydropower Capacity (MW) By State [PNG]
- 2015 Average Annual Net Hydropower Generation (GWh) By State [PNG]
- 2015 Total Pumped Storage Capacity (MW) By State [PNG]
- 2015 Average Annual Gross Pumped Storage Hydropower Generation (GWh) By State [PNG]
- Hydropower Capacity and Generation by Subregion
- Hydropower Capacity by WBD Region (HUC-2) in 2015 [PNG]
- Hydropower Generation by WBD Region (HUC-2) in 2015 [PNG]
- Pumped Storage Capacity by WBD Region (HUC-2) in 2015 [PNG]
- Pumped Storage Generation by WBD Region (HUC-2) in 2015 [PNG]