The HydroGIS Viewer is a geographic information system (GIS) web map service that allows registered users to view select key information from the NHAAP. Geospatial information that can be visualized through HydroGIS Viewer include:
- Geospatial distribution and characterization of existing hydropower assets;
- Environmental mitigation summary layers and environmental attribution layers;
- Geospatially summarized New Stream-reach Development (NSD) potential and environmental attributes from the ORNL NSD Resource Assessment;
- Geospatial distribution of Non-Powered Dam (NPD) potential from ORNL's NPD Resource Assessment;
- Hydrologic and climate data;
- Geographic reference layers.
The intended use of HydroGIS Viewer is for visualizing summarized data and select key geospatial information and features from the NHAAP. Please note that HydroGIS Viewer and included data layers are provisional and may undergo future revisions and updates. For specific questions regarding HydroGIS Viewer, please contact us for more information.
Please read and agree to the following terms and conditions before requesting access for HydroGIS Viewer.
Note to Users:
- Please use Firefox, Safari, or Google Chrome browsers. Errors may result if HydroGIS is opened in Microsoft Internet Explorer.
- HydroGIS Viewer layers occasionally do not appear after logging in on a computer with a significantly large monitor. If this occurs, please try making the browser window smaller and then reload the HydroGIS Viewer Login page before logging in again. If the issue persists, please contact the NHAAP Team for further assistance.