The HydroGIS Viewer is a geographic information system (GIS) web map service that allows registered users to view select key information from the NHAAP. Geospatial information that can be visualized through HydroGIS Viewer include:
- Geospatial distribution and characterization of existing hydropower plants, dams, and generators;
- Environmental mitigation layers;
- Geospatially summarized New Stream-reach Development (NSD) potential and environmental attributes from the ORNL NSD Resource Assessment;
- Geospatial distribution of Non-Powered Dam (NPD) potential from the ORNL NPD Resource Assessment;
- Streamflow and climate time series information;
- Geographic reference layers.
The intended use of HydroGIS Viewer is for visualizing summarized data and select key geospatial information and features from the NHAAP. Please note that HydroGIS Viewer allows for GIS query functionality but is not designed or intended to be used as an analytic tool for assessing potential or feasible hydropower development. Also, please note that HydroGIS Viewer and included data layers are provisional and may change. Please refer to NHAAP Research and GIS Data & Maps or contact us for more information.
Please read and agree to the following terms and conditions before requesting access for HydroGIS Viewer.
Click Here to learn how to get started with HydroGIS Viewer.
Note: Please use Firefox, Safari, or Google Chrome browsers. Errors may result if HydroGIS is opened in Microsoft Internet Explorer.